Who we are and what we do
Kokoro is a trading name of ABA Market Research Ltd. Market Research Limited (ABA) is an independent award-winning market research agency. Our principle business activities include providing market research and strategic insight consultancy services.
Information we collect
We will collect the personal information you provide by filling in forms on the website; for example, if you download a report, sign up to receive our newsletter or take part in surveys about our website/services.
The information we collect includes information that can identify you, such as your name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number and IP address.
The legal basis for processing your data is our legitimate interest to ensure that:
- Customers are kept informed of our latest news and services
- We continually improve our services and the experiences of users of our site
- We can fulfil any requests you may make of us
This website is not directed at children and we have no intention of collecting personal information from young people. If we become aware that personal information from a child under 16 has been collected without the consent of such child’s parent or guardian, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal information for the reasons specified in this policy, unless you have specifically consented to, or opted in to, another use of your personal information.
The Personal Data we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested
- To send you future reports and newsletters written by Kokoro
- To manage and improve our website and services
- To invite you to take part in and manage research surveys and other market research activities
- To contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our products and services from time to time
- To share with trusted third-party processors to perform functions on our behalf (please refer to the ‘Who we share the information with’ section for further details)
- To respond to duly authorised information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- To investigate suspected fraudulent activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights
We do not use your personal data for any automated decision-making or profiling.
who we share the information with
All of your personal information is treated as confidential. We will never intentionally disclose this information to any third parties unless you request or consent to sharing your identifying information with them for a specified purpose.
How long we keep your information
The periods for which we keep your information vary according to the type of information and what it’s used for. We’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected (unless there’s a legal reason for us to keep it longer).
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. All such information is held on secure servers; we have physical security of our offices and controlled access to our computer systems. Kokoro complies fully with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
Although our offices and servers are based within the United Kingdom, we (or one of our trusted third parties acting on our behalf) may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whilst some of these countries do not afford the same legal protection as is enjoyed in the EEA, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information. These safeguards include the European Commission approved Model Contract Clauses, which ensure that transfers are legitimate. By providing us with your information, you consent to us (or third parties acting on our behalf) transferring your information outside the EEA.
Your rights concerning your personal data are listed below. To exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to our Data Protection Officer (see the ‘Contact Us’ section below) and we will carry out any request to the extent required by applicable law.
- The right of access – you can ask to see the personal information we hold about you (along with certain other details) and we will show you free of charge (restrictions apply). We’ll need you to verify who you say you are.
- The right to rectification – if the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified. If we’ve shared your information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your information with.
- The right to erasure – you can ask us to delete or remove your information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we’ve shared your information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible.
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that information or object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your information but we’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where possible.
- The right to data portability – you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere.
- The right to object – you can ask us to stop processing your information if we are:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your information;
- processing your information for direct marketing; or
- processing your information for research.
- The right to withdraw consent – if we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to complain – if you have a concern about the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK regulator, Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling the helpline on 0303 123 1113.
For the convenience of users of this website, there may be links to third-party websites. Please be aware that any third-party websites that you may link to from this website are out of the control of Kokoro and we are not responsible for their privacy practices or content. We suggest contacting those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
If you have any queries concerning this policy please contact our Data Protection Officer either by email on DPO@kokoro-global.com
or by post at
Data Protection Officer
6 London Road